FT. HOOD SHOOTER DID NOT DIE


30_63_110509_suspectedshooter

Major Nadal Malik Hasan

Suspected Gunman in Custody After Deadly Shooting Rampage at Fort Hood

Thursday, November 05, 2009

A military doctor who reportedly feared an impending war deployment is in custody as the sole suspect in a shooting rampage at the Army’s Fort Hood that left 12 dead and at least 30 wounded, an Army official said Thursday night.

The news that the suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, was alive and in stable condition, came as a sudden reversal of early reports that the gunman was among the dead.

“I would say his death is not imminent,” Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot at least four times.

Two other soldiers who were taken into custody as possible suspects were released Cone told reporters Thursday evening.

A female first responder who shot at Hasan and was previously thought to be dead, was also alive, Cone said.

Federal law enforcement officials say Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.

The officials say they are still trying to confirm that he was the author.

One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates homicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

“To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause,” said the Internet posting. “Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers.”

They say an official investigation was not opened. more

 

Advertisements

Comments Off on FT. HOOD SHOOTER DID NOT DIE

Filed under Uncategorized

Comments are closed.