Let me start by saying that I am a fan of Glenn Beck’s. I watch him everyday as many of you do. He is doing a fantastic job of helping us to restore the history of our country. That’s a good thing.
Recently, he appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s Show and said he was not concerned about Gay Marriage, this is what he said:
I was concerned to hear him say that Gay Marriage did not matter to him. I had heard him briefly mention the subject before on one of his programs.
Glenn, you have it wrong on this one. Homosexual Marriage will be one of the issues that will bring America down. It brought Sodom and Gomorrah down. If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality, He will certainly do the same to America. Why? Because He is a just and fair and loving God. He is not respecter of persons.
I don’t think that Glenn has a good understanding of the whole counsel of God’s Word. If he did, he would certainly not be approval of gay marriage.
Glenn keeps telling the people that they have to get back to God and church. I agree. But my question to Glenn is, “What God are you serving?” It’s not the God of the Holy Bible because He does not approve of gay marriage. Glenn needs to stop quoting presidents so much and quote our Creator.
It just rips me apart to see a guy that has it so together when it comes to the history of our country and exposing the Marxist Communists in our present government, but turns around and completely falls short of the cultural issues of the day.
It will hurt Glenn a lot that he is pushing social issues aside. He says that there are BIGGER FISH TO FRY AND THE COUNTRY IS ON FIRE. Did he ever stop to wonder why?? Gay Marriage is one of the reasons our country is on fire!
It’s because we have left God and have decided to do our own thing. If Gay Marriage ever becomes legal in this country, that will be the end of the traditional way of life. At that point, anything will go. We will have lost our moral compass.
What we need to understand is that what goes on in one’s bedroom does not stay in the bedroom. It comes out to Main Street and seeks the approval of everyone else. Those of us who choose to follow God’s example of what a marriage should be (that is between a man and a woman) will never approve of this perversion.
I think we all know the drill.
If any of you are going to Glenn Beck’s Restore Honor Rally, just remember … honor our God first and insist that Glenn does also.
Some Points To Remember
Why Homosexual “Marriage” is Wrong 9/16/2003
By Jan LaRue, Chief Counsel
- Homosexuals are seeking a special right. They already have the same right to marry the rest of us have-the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. Limiting marriage to one man and one woman doesn’t discriminate on the basis of sex or sexual orientation.
- It denies the self-evident truth of nature that male and female bodies are designed for and complement each other. Opposite-sex marriage is the natural means by which the human race reproduces.
- Granting same-sex couples a license to marry will not create true marriage. Neither two men nor two women can become one flesh. Licensing the unnatural does not make it natural. It would be a state-sanctioned counterfeit, a sham and a fraud. A licensed electrician cannot produce power by taping two same-sex plugs together. Homosexual sex is dangerous and destructive to the human body and powerless for human reproduction.
- Homosexual marriage will always be an abomination to God regardless of whether a clergyman performs the ceremony. When God calls something unholy, man cannot make it holy or bless it.
- Homosexual marriage is as wrong as giving a man a license to marry his mother or daughter or sister or a group.
- Homosexual marriage will harm children by denying them the love and nurture of a mom and dad. The only “procreation” homosexuals can engage in requires that a third party must be brought into the relationship.
- Granting a marriage license to homosexuals because they engage in sex is as illogical as granting a medical license to a barber because he wears a white coat or a law license to a salesman because he carries a briefcase. Real doctors, lawyers and the public would suffer as a result of licensing the unqualified and granting them rights, benefits and responsibilities as if they were qualified.
- Homosexual marriage will devalue your marriage. A license to marry is a legal document by which government will treat same-sex marriage as if it were equal to the real thing. A license speaks for the government and will tell society that government says the marriages are equal. Any time a lesser thing is made equal to a greater, the greater is devalued. For example:
- If the Smithsonian Museum displays a hunk of polished blue glass next to the Hope Diamond with a sign that says, “These are of equal value,” and treats them as if they were, the Hope Diamond is devalued in the public’s eye. The government says it’s just expensive blue glass. The history and mystery are lost too.
- If an employer uses a robot as an employee and treats the robot the same way it treats human employees, human employees are devalued. By doing so, the employer says, “A robot can do your job, you’re no better.” What will you and the public think of your job and you?
- If the government issues a license to babysitters that grants them the same rights, protections and responsibilities as a child’s parents, parenthood is devalued. The government says parents are just babysitters.
- If government grants professional licenses to just anybody, every profession and qualified professional is devalued. The government says an uneducated panhandler can do brain surgery.
- The assumption by many is that marriage is just two people with a license who have sex and wear rings. Homosexuals do that? Why not give them the license? Engaging in sex doesn’t equal marriage. Adults involved in incest have sex too; should government call it marriage and license them? Certainly not.
The biggest problem we have in getting people, especially younger ones, to understand why marriage is devalued by the existence of a counterfeit is that much of the public does not value marriage at all. Adultery is no big deal. No- fault divorce is tolerated. Absentee fathers and mothers devalue marriage. Unmarried pregnancies are common. Fornication is “normal.” When we make the case against homosexual marriage, we need to speak against these other problems that devalue marriage too. As we acknowledge these problems we can emphasize that legalizing homosexual marriage will compound the problems, not solve or lessen them.